Thursday, March 17, 2011

Common Sense 101

Politically I lean to the right on most issues but I think if we all used a little common sense, we could really come up with a compromise that works for everyone.

Take abortion for instance, I abhor abortion, and anybody that knows me, knows exactly how I feel about it.  As much as I hate it, I know that it is not going anywhere.  It won't be overturned, so lets work with what we have.  I think it's absolutely ridiculous that you have to get permission to give an aspirin to a minor and yet a child can have an abortion without parental consent, nor even parental notification.  I also believe there should be laws that limits the time they can have one.  They should also have to watch a movie on their different choices and consequences of them.  If they still want to have an abortion after that, then at least they have made an informed decision on one of the biggest choices they will probably ever have to make.


Immigration.... Build a wall!  See how easy it is?  It creates jobs and keeps illegal immigrants out.  China did it, why can't we?  Now I agree that we can't deport every illegal immigrant that we happen to come across but I see no reason that if they commit a crime we can't ship their sorry butts back to where they come from.  What to do with the ones already in the country, you may ask.  They should have to do community service or serve in our military for a certain amount of years, and pay a fine.  Then they can become legal citizens.  All my liberal friends are probably thinking....but nobody will do the jobs that they do.  To that I say, make the companies here in the U.S. pay what they  are worth.  These companies should be fined for hiring illegals.

See, with a little bit of common sense, and a little compromise, both sides of the political line can come together with a solution to the problems we face.   Common Sense 102 coming next!

Signing off......


"Common Sense isn't very common"

No comments:

Post a Comment