Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Common Sense 102

Well, I promised you a Common Sense 102 and here it is, albeit a little late.


Taxes.....Two words.  Fair Tax.  Say you throw a 10% tax across the board.  No preferential treatment for being either very successful or very lazy.  If you make $100,000 a year, you pay $10,000.  If you only make $10,000 a year you are only paying $1000.00.  Can someone please explain to me, why this isn't exactly as it is named...a fair tax?




Healthcare....a scary word in today's society, but it doesn't have to be.  Why a total overhall when it just needs fixing?  Would you get rid of your whole car because of a bad muffler or old tires?  Of course not, why is health care any different?  There are many problems in health care and I am walking, talking proof of that, but they are things that are fixable.  Why can't government create certain laws that do away with pre-existing conditions for example.  Put a limit on the frivolous lawsuits that make doctor's insurance go through the roof?  These are things that can be addressed.  I just find it entirely laughable that Obamacare is commanding you to buy insurance, that you may or may not be able to afford, and fining you for not purchasing it.  Ummm, how about this, when Congress, and all government employees take this insurance, I will too.


Term limits....Do away with lifetime politicians.  Do 8 years maximum.  Can I hear an Amen?


Hmm...what topic have I missed?  My brain is fried right now, spent the night at our Chick-Fil-A fundraiser for our school.  If I think of anything I'll be sure to include it in my next post.


Oh, wish the Demons luck on Sunday, we really need a win!!


Signing off........


I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You guys can keep the "change".

No comments:

Post a Comment