Friday, April 01, 2011

Unions.......Enough said!


While the bru ha ha is still taking place in WI, the views for and against unions have been bantered about from barber shops to courtrooms.  For my views, they aren't black and white.  There are just too many things that factor into my decisions.  I am a VP on the PTA and it gives me such joy being able to do things for the kids.  Unfortunately that puts me in awkward position.  I see how hard they work and how much they put into it.  My niece works as a guidance counselor (used to be a teacher) and I also know how how much she went through to become a teacher and how much she does for the kids.  She now wants to be a principal (go Niki!)  


Sorry for the change of topic, now where were we.....oh yes, Unions.  Around here that has been a very sensitive subject, especially in the area of education.   


My husband is in a Union.  He doesn't like it.  The dues are high and the "perks" certainly do not outweigh the disadvantages.  Now here comes my biggest issue with Unions.  They were useful years ago when working conditions were unacceptable, but now, times are different.  As the economy, culture and social surrounding change, unions become outdated and useless.


Who looks out for the private employee?  Who is looking out for their best interests?  That's right.... themselves.


What started out as something beneficial to the employee, they have grown into money hungry monsters.

Signing off........

"For the first time in my adult life, I am disappointed in my country." .....Me

No comments:

Post a Comment