Tuesday, December 11, 2012

1,000,000....



A million dollars. When I think of that number, so many things come to mind; Paying off and saving my home or selling my house and finally moving down south. College tuition for my kids, A car that is reliable and not needing repair. Surgery my husband desperately needs. The government throws this number around like it is chump change. They give it to other countries when the people here are in desperate need.

 Obama thinks nothing about spending almost 4 million for a Hawaii vacation or for the presidential inauguration. I have major issues with celebrities. Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Bruce Springsteen, Ashley Judd, Madonna, just to name a few. They seem to have all these liberal views about everyone being equal, the redistribution of wealth. Yet they live in million dollar mansions, have exotic cars, and have more money that they know what to do with. I would like for them to spend a week in my shoes. They have absolutely no idea of the reality of living in the real world. Try living paycheck to paycheck. Try putting off doctor's appointments, medical procedures, surgeries because you cannot afford insurance or are between jobs.

 Every time I see a million dollars thrown around like candy it makes me physically sick. All I can think about was how much different my life would be. How much different my kids lives could be. There is such a huge difference between the have's and the have's not's, that I don't think they can truly understand what the middle class goes through. So please either put up or shut up. Give your millions to the middle class if you feel so strongly that we all should be on the same fiscal level.

 I have trouble with the fact that someone who throws a ball, makes more than the soldier that fights for his freedom to do so. When we look up to someone that has the ability to throw a curve ball, as a role model, then we have a major problem, but then I am not telling you anything that you don't already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment