Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Memorial For A Friend....

Robert "Bob" James Clegg 

March 5, 1942 - February 22, 2013



On February 22, Heaven gained an angel and I lost a friend.  I met Bob through my mom, who went to school with him.  A group of Audubon Alumni, along with others formed the "Bob Clegg Dance Party" and I was honored to be one of them.  We would meet at Clancy's and dance the night away with BLT Band.  Bob may have been in a wheelchair but it did not stop him from getting down with the rest of us.  I still listen to the CD's he made for all of us with our favorite songs.  He beat overwhelming odds and did it with a vibrance for life that I could only look at with awe.  He taught me to make the best of every moment and to never, ever give up.  He is an inspiration and will always hold a special place in my heart.  I will never forget the impact he made in my life!  RIP my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment