Thursday, March 14, 2013

Homophobe, Racist, Sexist, Oppressive, Intolerant...



Ok, you probably know where I am going with this, at least hopefully you do.  My anti-gay marriage stance has had me called these names numerous times.  This is a controversial topic although in all honesty, it doesn't have to be.  In my opinion, one simple legislation would solve all the problems without trampling on either side.

  Marriage is between a man and a woman.  It's in the Bible, plain and clear and a lot of Christians feel very strongly about it.   Please don't get me wrong, I am not anti-gay, what they choose to do in their private life is none of my business.  It's not my place to judge.  What I take issue with, is when the pro-gay movement wants to change what the meaning of "marriage" is.  Marriage is religious in nature and should remain with the church.

Easy solution... 











You ready?
















Are you sure?














Civil Unions For Everyone

Keep religion out of the government. Civil Unions for everyone.  Gays have all the rights that a "married' couple has except for the word itself. Leave that to the religious, who it has great meaning to. I feel strongly about gay rights....we are all equal and we all deserve the same benefits.  Imagine this being taken off the table? It will bridge a huge divide between liberals and conservatives and everyone in between. 

2 comments:

  1. Polygamy is in the Bible plain and clear, Slavery is in the Bible plain and clear, Incest, Infanticide. Your personal guidelines for how you live your life should be dictated by your religion, nobody else's. That could not be more explicitly stated by the authors of the Constituion. So I applaud you on recognize that, but semantic arguments are by their very nature pointless and infantile, and marriage has always existed outside the religious sense, marriage is an erotic mortgage, any other definition is an embelishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say that marriage has always existed outside the religious sense and I will agree that you do not need to be "religious" per say, to want/desire marriage. That does not change the definition of the word marriage though. Why must the definition be changed to please the minority? "Erotic mortgage?" No, my marriage vows were a promise. A commitment between a man and a woman that we would love unconditionally. Be there for the good and bad, sickness and health (and if you've ever read about my life, you'd realize that it's mostly bad) There are some that treat marriage carelessly and bolt at the first sign of trouble. I'm sad that you think of marriage as an erotic mortgage, to me it is so much more. For you to think of it as merely an embellishment makes me wonder if you haven't had a real "marriage" as I have been so blessed to have.

    ReplyDelete