Monday, March 18, 2013

The Bible, The Devil, Obama, Oh My!



For the last three weeks, my family has gathered around the TV together and watched The Bible Series.  For a family that is going 400 different directions at the same time, this is remarkable.  I am so glad we did, because we all learned something.  About God, the Bible, and suprisingly ourselves.  The boys asked a lot of questions which we tried to answer, some a bit more difficult than others.  They knew certain stories from Sunday School such as Moses, Noah, and David & Goliath, but there were quite a few that were unfamiliar.  Watching Abraham sacrifice his son was very difficult on me and my mr, because I am not sure I would have had the strength to do it.  My kids were very relieved when it was revealed to be a test in Abraham's strength.  Seeing it on TV, really made me aware of just how much the Israelites were treated throughout history.  They didn't have it easy, in fact, they still don't.  I look forward to teaching, learning and sharing as we watch the series.

Okay, now comes the politics...  Yes, the devil looked a lot like Obama.  Whether the writers or history channel did it on purpose, I have no idea, but personally, I found it quite funny.  There are a few people that could easily be portrayed as the devil throughout history and Obama may be one of them. He hasn't sunk to the level as Hitler, Stalin or Ivan IV but I see a lot of people referring to him as the Anti-Christ, and to be honest, he may be.  He may be just an inept, ignorant, racist, hypocritical, destructive, pretencious, narciccistic, sad excuse of a president and human being.  Only time will tell.

It's pretty sad when this is plastered all over Yahoo, Google, USA today, Huffington Post, NBC News, Drudge Report but Benghazi, Fast & Furious, and pretty much anything anti-Obama is nowhere to be found.  Nothing new.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you wrote here. By the time he leaves office it would not surprise me if he is on par to Hitler! No wonder No one is speaking up, look what happened to Rodeo clown Tuffy Gesslings. Soon it will be against the law to speak against Obama.. It will be considered Hate speech or prejudice. It is sad really. May God have mercy on America

    ReplyDelete