Friday, July 05, 2013

Tolerance...Liberals...Hypocrisy... Oh My!



I couldn't think of a title because, well, the three seem to go hand in hand.


As a white Conservative Christian, I am told daily to have tolerance of others by media, celebrities, politicians, schools, the gay community, Muslims...the list goes on and on.  I am a Christian but I was never one to suffocate others with my beliefs.  The way I live is my witness and by way I treat others.  The hypocrisy that the left preaches and practices is beyond compare.  It's only tolerance of their lifestyle that they support.

One thing that particularly bothers me is when people who don't even believe in the Bible try and take certain verses to prove their point.  I think the most common one I see is Luke 6:37 which states... "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Did Jesus really mean that we should never judge things, people, groups, or concepts? NO!  We need to continue reading past this into the next four verses in order to find the answer to this. What Jesus went on to say is that we should judge ourselves before we go about judging others. He is NOT saying that we should not judge at all! Jesus want us to reflect on ourselves and purify ourselves and our motives before we take the time to judge others.

You cannot pick and choose in regards to Bible verses.  If you quote it, then I suggest you read it first.


"Two street preachers were brutally beaten — punched and kicked — by a crowd at a gay pride festival in Seattle and the entire melee was captured on video. The preachers were holding signs reading “Repent or Else” and “Jesus Saves From Sin.” The video shows a group of people initially screaming and threatening the men during Pridefest at the Seattle Space Needle. Television station KOMO reported that some of the attackers belonged to a group called NOH8 A group of women tried to steal their signs but were unsuccessful. The video then shows a group of men grabbing onto one of the preacher’s signs and dragging him to the ground. At some point he was punched in the back of the head a number of times while others can be seen kicking the man. Another preacher was sucker punched in the back of the head. Police arrested two suspects – one of whom has a long rap sheet. It’s not the first time Christians have been attacked by pro-gay activists."  For the full story click here.

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm no expert on the Bible, but I know a good deal about hypocrisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not an expert by no means either, it has just always bugged me when they use the Bible to make points when they don't even believe it. Thanks you for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One does not need to believe in something in order to condemn it. You don't with regards to other belief systems and common sense. The majority of believers do not read their bibles and do cherry pick what parts they like before telling non-believers to respect their religion. There's no reason to tolerate bigotry. Especially bigotry coming from people that believe in fairy tales. Not tolerating the bigoted religious right, is a duty, not a form of bigotry. If conservatives think they're not hypocritical, they're insane. Freedom of religion unless it's the "wrong" religion. Small government unless conservatives want to control marriage and bodily rights. Hiding behind freedom of speech during the backlash of their hateful words. Takes a strong individual to step from behind political groups but of course, we're talking about closed-minded people that put more time into condemning others, than actually trying to provide solutions. That's the very core of the conservative agenda. Just keep siding with those that don't even find you equal to them. Amazing how many women hold onto a book written by men, who's "main character" is a man and that says the female sex came from a man's rib. Come on! No wonder conservative women are laughed at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "One does not need to believe in something in order to condemn it." True, you don't need to be, but to be taken seriously it certainly helps. I really have no control over what other Christians do. I cannot speak for them so your comment really is moot. Ah yes, we have the fairy tale comment, sorry but that is so old and used up, and says so much about you and tells me everything I needed to know. As soon as I read through your comment I realized that you were basically just repeating all the same old, stale liberal "views" that I've heard over and over again and I don't enjoy beating a dead horse. If you read some of my previous posts you will see that I offer a lot of "common sense" solutions to gay marriage, abortion, immigration, etc

    ReplyDelete