Friday, February 21, 2014
Sounds so innocent doesn't it? The whole kids helping kids part makes you feel all fuzzy inside until you realize that it's at your child's expense. I'm going to lay the facts out there and let you come up with your own conclusions.
The Clinical Investigation Policy and Procedure Manual from Boston Childrens Hospital says this:
"Children who are Wards of the state may be included in research that presents minimal risk or greater than minimal risk with a prospect of direct benefit."
Sooooo basically, if DCF gets custody of a child, they become your guinea pig that has minimal risk or direct benefit. . Ok, got it. Well, this obviously isn't it, because Justina did not get better.
"Children who are Wards of the state may be included in research that presents greater than minimal risk with no prospect of direct benefit or only if the IRB determines and documents that such research is related to their status as wards; or
conducted in schools, camps, hospital, institutions, or similar settings in which the
majority of children involved as participants are not wards"
Ok, this gets even better... basically saying that they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want to your child, even if it is life threatening as long as the are wards of the state. All they have to say is this loaded bit here... "such research is related to their status as wards" Of course it does. If they take the child away claiming "medical child abuse" then diagnose Justina with Somatoform, they have 24/7 access to her and complete, unchecked power. It doesn't matter if you are a parent or single, sick or healthy...this should scare the living crap out of you!!
The law says that DCF must try to unite families, not destroy them. (cough, cough) Sorry had something in my throat.
Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 119, Section 1 says: "It is hereby declared to be the policy of this Commonwealth to direct its efforts, first, to the strengthening and encouragement of family life for the protection and care of children . . ."
Did I read that right? Encourage family life? In what possible way is DCF trying to bring families together? Oh, I see... they are putting them through this nightmare so the remaining family could be closer? No? Then by all means enlighten me!! Please!
There are a few questions that I have for DCF and BCH because I can't imagine it would be possible in America to take away a child on a trumped up charge of medical abuse when the family was only following doctors orders.
1. If you are sooo concerned that the Pelletiers are "medically abusing" Justina, why did you leave Jessica in their custody when she has the exact same thing as Justina does?
2. If it was Somatoform, like the "doctors" (in quotes because they are not doctors in my eyes) say it is, why after a whole year is she WORSE than when she was being treated for Mitochondrial Disease.
3. If you are so confident in your diagnosis, why are you dead set against a second opinion?
4. If there is nothing shady going on why would a judge put a gag order on everyone involved making it impossible to investigate the case?
5. How did you in only 3 days was it decided that Justina had Somatoform, determine there was "medical abuse" by her family, call DCF and get a judge to issue custody to the state and incidentally BCH?
It took me 17 years to get diagnosed with Dysautonomia. It astonishes me that you had the ability to do all that in 3 days. In all my hospital visits it took forever to get labs back and get test results, let alone, to contradict a diagnosis that top doctors and hospitals had given me.
So what we have here is simple math... BCH + DCF = Research on guinea pigs, Ahem...I mean research on children.
I was once told "If it looks like a duck and walks/quack/flies etc. like a duck, it is a duck" and from the quacks in charge of this case, I can only conclude..IT'S A FREAKING DUCK!!
If you want to help Justina, there are many ways. Follow the links below to find out how!